Welcome to my music business website. My name is Barbara Gilbertson and I live in Cumbria. I am a professional, classically trained violinist and pianist, originally from Northern Ireland. I launched Music for Life in Spring 2010.
Music for Life offers a multitude of musical options for your event. I will work with you to create an unforgettable soundtrack for your celebration or gathering. My bespoke service means that I can advise and completely organise your music requirements if necessary, or provide what you have already decided you would like.
I will be available to you every step of your journey until the big day. You can be assured that my attention to detail, extensive experience as an organiser and performer will mean that you can sit back and enjoy your event (and the music of course) with complete confidence.
I, and my bank of musicians, can perform in the following ensembles and genres:
- Solo piano, solo organ, solo violin, solo guitar, piano and violin duo, organ and violin duo, piano and flute duo, piano and clarinet duo, string trio, string quartet, wind ensemble, solo voice, choir and small choral ensembles.
- With the above instrumental combinations.
- Contemporary and traditional folk. Small ensembles right through to ceilidh bands (including caller).
I can provide music for a range of events including but not limited to:
- Church or civil ceremony service music, champagne reception, background music for your reception, ceilidh band for evening entertainment.
- Church service or background music for your celebration.
- Birthdays, retirement, anniversary, ball, fundraising event
- Music for your service.
I look forward to hearing from you.
For an initial consultation or quotation, call me on:
Email me on: